Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

It's the Friday before Halloween and I've been trying to get in the spirit of things. Finishing my first quilt (first one finished, not first one made!) has been a priority, but keeps getting bumped by projects like baking these pumpkin-ginger cupcakes with rose frosting:


or laying out new patterns for quilts I have in mind. (I think I'm going to merge an idea for a tree I saw in Disdressed's archive for February 2008 with the ever popular owl quilts available at Target).

Myra is getting bigger and is starting to recognize exactly who she wants to be with. Last night her dad was holding her after she awoke crying in her crib, but when she caught sight of me she leaned out perilously towards me, extending one arm in a reach while using the other to push against my husbands chest. needless to say, he was a little hurt at the sudden appearance of this preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment