Saturday, January 22, 2011

Standing! and, could it be, Walking?

Myra has been almost every day this week to the park, where her favorite things, the swings, reside. She glides, she soars, she giggles. But now something else has captured her attention: standing up. Everybody else does it, so why not give it a try? She's a champion crawler, and now, it seems she is a champion pull-er up-er! Here are some of her latest, candid shots.

She pulled up on her favorite smiley car, and then after standing there for a bit, got distracted and stood without holding anything. When she realized what she was doing, she fell, but she got 6-7 whole seconds of glory!

"MOM! What do I do now??" Myra crawled to her walker, pulled herself up, and without anywhere to go from there, stepped onto the small white bar on the bottom, climbing up about two inches!

Good girl saying her prayers!

Glamor shot!!

"Look Mom! I did it!"

Such a happy climber.

Myra also went to her friend Kaya's first birthday party! She had a blast: Crawling around the house, and checking out the patio in detail...

Doing a bit of yoga while we wait for the guests.

Following Kaya through the kiddie tube!

"WOW! Rocks...."

Myra and Lake, Kaya's mom.

"This is a great patio you have, Kaya"

Baby vs. The World

Such a sweetie.

Playing together!

As for me, I'm working on developing recipes for selling at House of Curries on College Ave in Oakland. The owner has graciously allowed me to try out some of my recipes in the open counter space. Yesterday my friend, er - ahem - colleague and I made apple-chai cupcakes and chocolate chai cupcakes. Yummy! The apple ones were a bit dry for I fear I over cooked them, but the chocolate ones were delicious with spiced buttercream frosting. The white chocolate fudge with cranberries was a hit though, they sold 10 out of 30, in two hours! (I'm told for a new product, that's good.... hopefully they all sell out!)

And now, we're off to the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment