Monday, November 1, 2010

Dancing, Today

Myra was listening to Shakira's Esto Es Africa on repeat, laughing at the start of the chorus and waving her arms in the air all morning. I've been trying to decide how I'm going to design my mom's place mats, which I intend to have finished by thanksgiving or before so that there will be a full set of eight for our giant family get-together (well, there's probably going to be more people, but I'm not making more than eight!!).

Here's a list of things I've decided I need to make our holidays (and ordinary ones too) easier:

Matching tablecloth and napkins, preferably in a color other than white (easy to bleach, but stupidly plain)
A clear tablecloth protector for everyday use, so I can relax instead of jumping at every droplet of water
An ice cream maker
A matching tea set in elegant floral china, preferably brightly colored (not china blue, blah) or Victorian styled.
An easy to assemble centerpiece (because I'm tired of desperately grabbing all the candles in the house)

and, like always MORE FABRIC!!! I use it up like crazy, saving even the little bits and stuffing them into the toys I make for Myra. Waste not, want not!! 

we were very hungry this afternoon and didn't know what to eat, so we cooked up some Spanish Rice by Near East, which was actually quite good for box-dehydrated-safeway rice. Myra thought so too.


 Anything she can pick up goes into the hole in her face lickity-split. Which includes keys, hair, blankets, boxes, junk-mail, toys, and lemons. She's got her eye on the clip for the bag of flour, which is a brilliant yellow and stands a measly five inches away from her grasping hands when she's prowling the first floor in her walker.

No comments:

Post a Comment