Monday, November 8, 2010

Reversible Apron

Walmart is my new favorite store, since they carry fabric for $1.50 a yard. A DOLLAR FIFTY! I didn't know. I bought a bunch thinking I'd make some blankets for Myra and Christmas presents, in any and all colors that appealed to me! When I got home, I decided to make some aprons fro gifts. Here's one I made that's reversible:



I cut it in the shape of another apron I already had, which was just a flat, non fitted apron. I attached the pockets, sewed the ribbons on, and attached the ties. Putting the rights sides together, I sewed them together leaving a small space at the bottom to turn it. Turning it right side out I ironed the seams flat and set another 1/2'' seam all the way around because it just wouldn't lay flat without it. The white side has a bow at the top, and the blue side has bows on the pockets, both sides have lace at the top ♥.

I also did a little bit of Mehndi on my friend Alex:


As for Myra, she's got her very own salwar kameez now, complete with a little scarf she tried on the other night.

She loved her new suit so much she tried to eat it. Speaking of new suits, she also has a little bear jacket that fits her now that she's big enough.

Myra loves her new snuggley bear coat.

She tried to show it to daddy, ...
...But he was sleeping!!

We're going back to Walmart today to get more fabric, we just can't get enough! We're all set on this lovely day to sew and explore the Delta Quadrant.

No comments:

Post a Comment